By Viking Redbeard on Jun 2, 2017 at 4:14 PM
  1. Viking Redbeard

Viking Redbeard Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeti Points:
    Picked up Battlerite yesterday, I played through the tutorial and a few beginner AI matches to get my bearings. So far my initial thoughts on the game are mostly positive. It's basically Dota 2/LoL without a core or towers. It's a 2v2 or 3v3 battle arena in a top down fashion similar to other MOBAs. Instead of reviving after a death. You stay dead until the end of a round. You win three rounds to win the match. I have yet to lose a match to AI, so I am not sure if it is a best of three or if you need three wins to take the match.
    Battlerite_Logo_SMALL.png
    The art style is similar to LoL as well. It's more cartoony than Dota 2. It's very aesthetically pleasing to me. Basically everything is a skill shot. There are no freebies with abilities that I have come across yet (for offensive abilities), if you can't aim you're doomed.

It's on Steam as well. I bought mine on sale from Humble Store, I have my Humble Monthly 10% discount and I had some money in my wallet there. So, it's relatively affordable. There are still in game purchases, however, which is annoying considering it's a $20 game. Everything is cosmetic, though. You start off with all heroes and all new heroes will be included at the Early Access buy in point. I imagine they will turn it into a F2P title down the road, but they want early access money to keep the project going in it's infancy.

Overall, this game has some potential. It's an interesting take on the MOBA world. Check it out on Steam.

map1.jpg map2.jpg map3.jpg map4.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'Games' started by Viking Redbeard, Jun 2, 2017.